If you're thinking about getting a nose piercing, you're not alone. Nose piercings have been a popular form of body modification for centuries. Before you take the plunge and get your nose pierced, it's important to consider the pros and cons of this type of piercing.
Some of the potential drawbacks of getting a nose piercing include:
- You can't start off with a hoop. Many people prefer the look of a hoop for their nose piercing, but the reality is that you need to start off with a stud to allow enough room for the piercing to heal properly.
- Many jobs and schools have policies against facial piercings. If you're planning on getting a nose piercing, make sure it won't interfere with your job or school policies.
- You can't wear makeup around the area of the piercing. Makeup can cause bacteria to build up, leading to infection. To prevent this, you'll need to avoid wearing makeup near the piercing until it's fully healed.
Despite these drawbacks, there are also several pros to getting a nose piercing, including:
- A wide variety of jewelry options. With a nose piercing, you can choose from crystal studs, opal studs, and even solid pieces. Once the piercing is fully healed, you can also switch to a hoop if you prefer.
- A relatively low pain level. On a scale of 1 to 10, the pain of getting a nose piercing is usually around a 3. This means it's not too bad and many people find it to be manageable.
- A straightforward healing and aftercare process. To help your nose piercing heal properly, you should clean the area regularly and avoid touching it too much. As long as you follow these guidelines, your nose piercing should heal without any problems.
In conclusion, there are pros and cons to getting a nose piercing. It's important to weigh these factors carefully before making a decision. If you're ready to explore the wide range of jewelry options available for nose piercings we have plenty of cool styles available on our site.