What You Need to Know Before Getting a Septum Piercing
If you're considering getting a septum piercing, it's important to know a few key things before making the decision. In this article, we'll go over five important facts that you need to know about septum piercings.
Fact #1: Location.
- A septum piercing is actually inside of your nose, not on your nostril. It's important to know where the piercing is located and to understand that it doesn't go in the hard cartilage part of your nose. There is a sweet spot inside of your nose that allows for this piercing to be done easily.
Fact #2: Jewelry.
- There are a lot of options for septum jewelry, including hinge rings, clickers, horseshoes, and more. One popular choice is the 14 karat double row hinge ring, which is made of 14 karat gold and is safe for those with sensitive skin. Another option is the titanium crystal clicker, which has a different style and is made of a different material. For even more options, be sure to click right here to browse our septum jewelry collection.
Fact #3: Things to Look Out For.
- It's important to avoid touching, messing around with, or playing with your jewelry after getting a septum piercing. If you have crusties, don't pick at them as it can be painful. Additionally, it's important to avoid swimming in lakes or oceans for the first month or two after getting the piercing to ensure proper healing.
Fact #4: Healing Time and Pain Level.
- The typical healing time for a septum piercing is six to nine months, although some people may heal faster. The pain level for this piercing is generally considered to be a 4 out of 10, with most clients saying they don't feel much pain. However, because the tear ducts are connected to the area where the piercing is done, it's common to shed a tear or two during the process.
Fact #5: Aftercare.
- Proper aftercare is crucial for ensuring the healing process goes smoothly. It's important to clean your septum piercing two to three times a day using a saline wound-wash we recommend this one (click here)
In conclusion, septum piercings are a popular choice for those looking to make a bold statement with their body jewelry. By understanding the location, jewelry options, things to look out for, healing time and pain level, and aftercare of septum piercings, you can make an informed decision about whether or not this piercing is right for you.
Ready to get your septum pierced? Click here to book your piercing appointment.